Thursday, April 30, 2009

Katherine

So, as some of you know, my cousin Katherine (married into the family) had a stroke last year. She has made remarkable steps in her recovery and the Lord definitely has his hand over her. So many people are praying for Katherine's complete recovery and we know that anything is possible with the Lord. She has already started to be able to swallow soft foods, talk, and walk with help. The muscles in the left side of her face have atrophied so she just recently went through a 13 hour surgery that hopefully God will use to completely restore the movement in her face. She still won't be able to feel anything on her face but it will help her speak more clearly and hopefully smile again.
This summer I will be working for Katherine and Jason in L.A. California. I will basically be serving them in any way that they need. Katherine had a son named James about a year and a half ago and I will also help take care of him. P.S. he is the cutest baby in the world and that isn't up for discussion. Jason will be studying this summer to pass his bar exam which is very intense, so he needs someone to be there for Katherine and James full time. Not only do I feel honored to be able to work with this incredible family, but I feel incredibly blessed as well. Katherine has the most amazing spirit. She is still so strong despite everything that has happened to her, and her faith is even stronger.
So many of us take life for granted. I know I do. I sometimes wish the time away so I didn't have to still be in school, or still have to do this paper, or still have to go to this meeting. I narrow my focus to what I have to do that I forget what I have. I am so blessed and it's easy to get caught up in everyday life. I don't often stop to thank God that I can walk or that I can eat. I hardly think about those things.
It's like when a light is on inside of a house at night. If you walk by the house you can see inside, but the person inside can't see out. I so often turn the light on inside that I can't see anything beyond myself. It's so hard to turn the light off, but when I do it's so much easier to see.

and that's pretty much it...

No comments:

Post a Comment